All of our Amver partners headed to Haiti should be aware of the recent United States Coast Guard International Port Security Program Advisory 1-10. The advisory recommends vessels headed for Haiti take several precautions including:
- Taking measures consistent with the ship's security plan equivalent to Security Level 2.
- Ensure that each access point of the ship is guarded and that the guards have total visibility of the exterior (both landside and waterside) of the vessel.
- Attempt to execute a Declaration of Security
- Log all security actions in the ship's log
- Report the actions taken directly to the cognizant U.S. Coast Guard Captain of the Port prior to arrival to the United Stats.